File: Advanced Virus Remover.lnk
Location of Advanced Virus Remover.lnk and Associated Malware
Check whether Advanced Virus Remover.lnk is present in the following locations:
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 specific Advanced Virus Remover.lnk file locations:
Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8 specific Advanced Virus Remover.lnk file locations:
If you find Advanced Virus Remover.lnk file in any of these locations, your computer is very likely to be infected with the following malware:
Different Variations of Advanced Virus Remover.lnk File^
Why Is It Important to Remove Malware Files?^
It is imperative that you delete malware-associated files as soon as possible because they can be used - or are already being used - to inflict serious damage on your PC, including:
- Disrupting the normal functioning of the operating system or rendering it completely useless.
- Hijacking valuable private information (credit card numbers, passwords, PIN codes, etc.)
- Directing all your Web searches to the same unwanted or malicious sites.
- Dramatically slowing down your computer.
- Gaining total control of your PC to spread viruses and trojans and send out spam.
How to Remove Advanced Virus Remover.lnk^
- To enable deleting the Advanced Virus Remover.lnk file, terminate the associated process in the
Task Manager as follows:
- Right-click in the Windows taskbar (a bar that appears along the bottom of the Windows screen) and select Task Manager on the menu.
- In the Tasks Manager window, click the Processes tab.
- On the Processes tab, select Advanced Virus Remover.lnk and click End Process.
- Using your file explorer, browse to the file using the paths listed in Location of Advanced Virus Remover.lnk and Associated Malware.
- Select the file and press SHIFT+Delete on the keyboard.
- Click Yes in the confirm deletion dialog box.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each location listed in Location of Advanced Virus Remover.lnk and Associated Malware.
- The deletion of Advanced Virus Remover.lnk will fail if it is locked; that is, it is in use by some application (Windows will display a corresponding message). For instructions on deleting locked files, see Deleting Locked Files.
- The deletion of Advanced Virus Remover.lnk will fail if your Windows uses the NT File System (NTFS) and you have no write rights for the file. Request your system administrator to grant you write rights for the file.
Deleting Locked Files^
You can delete locked files with the RemoveOnReboot utility. You can install the RemoveOnReboot utility from here.
After you delete a locked file, you need to delete all the references to the file in Windows registry.
To delete a locked file:
- Right-click on the file and select Send To -> Remove on Next Reboot on the menu.
- Restart your computer.
The file will be deleted on restart.
To remove all registry references to a Advanced Virus Remover.lnk malware file:
- On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit and click OK. The Registry Editor window opens.
- On the Edit menu, select Find.
- In the Find dialog box, type Advanced Virus Remover.lnk. The name of the first found registry value referencing Advanced Virus Remover.lnk is highlighted in the right pane of the Registry Editor window.
- Right-click the registry value name and select Delete on the menu.
- Click Yes in the Confirm Value Delete dialog box.
- To delete all other references to Advanced Virus Remover.lnk, repeat steps 4-6.