Finally Exterminate It! 2.0 is here!
We listened to all your complains and recommendations and made a huge improvement literally moving the software to a whole new level! But the work still goes and we will do our best to give you a new, better and improved version of Exterminate It! in future!
For now let’s see, what we have new:
- New scanning interface with new scan modes, such as:
- Memory Scan – the fastest one, scanning only files in memory, which means that if the virus is currently active it will be located and eliminated as fast as possible;
- Smart Scan – a type of scan pointed at effectiveness and checking the most vulnerable parts of your system using System Heuristic methods;
- Full Scan – the most complete scan of your system also using System Heuristic methods;
- Custom Scan – a scan that allows you to choose parts of the system that need to be scanned. The System Heuristic methods are enabled automatically when you choose “most likely to infect” option.
- We made a huge update on virus and malware database, so from now on we can detect nearly all possible threats.
- More frequent database updates: few times per day, instead of a daily update in the previous version.
- The ability to fix infected files instead of deleting them.
- Bootsector scan added.
- The ability to choose drive, external drive or folder for scanning in the Custom Scan mode.
- The update can now resume download if it was terminated for some reason.
- A scan log with all the scan results is now available after the scanning is finished.
- New commandline options for the scan:
- silent – scanning without notifying the user;
- force-close – close the software after the scan;
- scan-log – save scan results into another file.