Exterminate It! Blog
Today we switched the Exterminate It! Installation to the new Code Signing Certificate.
Please note that during first time Exterminate It! installation downloading and running you might encounter the Microsoft Smart Screen popups regarding “Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.”.
When you click at More Info link located at this warning you should see that Exterminate It! Installation is signed with Curiolab S.M.B.A. company signature.
Please ignore this warning for Exterminate It! Setup Executable and do the following:
1. Press More Info link on first Smart Screen Warning
2. Press Run Anyway on second Smart Screen Warning
This warning will disappear after some time.
We appreciate your patience.
Finally the new Exterminate It! website is there.
What’s new in this version:
- New convenient design, fresh look and feel;
- New support website with updated design and functionality;
- Updated purchase process handled by MyCommerce.com e-commerce service provider. Now it’s possible to buy package with any number of licenses;
- Updated malpedia / sitepedia with improved navigation.
Stay tuned! The new version of Exterminate It! is on the way!
New Exterminate It! 2.11 release is ready. It features increased speed and improved stability!
What’s changed to make Exterminate It! even more quick:
- More than 30% speed gain in “Locations most likely to infect scan” algorithm (included in both Smart Scan and Full Scan modes)
- More than 40% speed boost and increased efficiency in “Memory scan” algorithm (included in both Smart Scan and Full Scan modes)
- Improved: Errors Reporting mechanism
- Fixed: the Invalid Floating Point Operation issue, which occurred during some specific PDFs scanning
- Fixed: bugs that could occur under Microsoft Application Verifier
- Fixed: UI deadlock issue that could occur on slow PCs
- Fixed: Files Blocked Access issue
Update your Exterminate It! copy to the 2.11 version!
Finally Exterminate It! 2.0 is here!
We listened to all your complains and recommendations and made a huge improvement literally moving the software to a whole new level! But the work still goes and we will do our best to give you a new, better and improved version of Exterminate It! in future!
For now let’s see, what we have new:
- New scanning interface with new scan modes, such as:
- Memory Scan – the fastest one, scanning only files in memory, which means that if the virus is currently active it will be located and eliminated as fast as possible;
- Smart Scan – a type of scan pointed at effectiveness and checking the most vulnerable parts of your system using System Heuristic methods;
- Full Scan – the most complete scan of your system also using System Heuristic methods;
- Custom Scan – a scan that allows you to choose parts of the system that need to be scanned. The System Heuristic methods are enabled automatically when you choose “most likely to infect” option.
- We made a huge update on virus and malware database, so from now on we can detect nearly all possible threats.
- More frequent database updates: few times per day, instead of a daily update in the previous version.
- The ability to fix infected files instead of deleting them.
- Bootsector scan added.
- The ability to choose drive, external drive or folder for scanning in the Custom Scan mode.
- The update can now resume download if it was terminated for some reason.
- A scan log with all the scan results is now available after the scanning is finished.
- New commandline options for the scan:
- silent – scanning without notifying the user;
- force-close – close the software after the scan;
- scan-log – save scan results into another file.
What’s New in Exterminate It! 1.80:
- Cookies scanning functionality was dramatically improved in several ways:
- Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0 cookies are supported now. Exterminate It! handles Internet Explorer protected mode cookies and cookies with random names;
- Firefox v3.0 and higher cookies are supported now;
- Chrome cookies are supported now;
- Cookies scanning performance is increased significantly;
- Updates are cached now. This improves Exterminate It! stability and usability, especially on computers with slow connection.
- Malware database is loaded asynchronously now, and thus Exterminate It! 1.80 launches faster.