New Exterminate It! 2.11 release is ready. It features increased speed and improved stability!
What’s changed to make Exterminate It! even more quick:
- More than 30% speed gain in “Locations most likely to infect scan” algorithm (included in both Smart Scan and Full Scan modes)
- More than 40% speed boost and increased efficiency in “Memory scan” algorithm (included in both Smart Scan and Full Scan modes)
- Improved: Errors Reporting mechanism
- Fixed: the Invalid Floating Point Operation issue, which occurred during some specific PDFs scanning
- Fixed: bugs that could occur under Microsoft Application Verifier
- Fixed: UI deadlock issue that could occur on slow PCs
- Fixed: Files Blocked Access issue
Update your Exterminate It! copy to the 2.11 version!
Finally Exterminate It! 2.0 is here!
We listened to all your complains and recommendations and made a huge improvement literally moving the software to a whole new level! But the work still goes and we will do our best to give you a new, better and improved version of Exterminate It! in future!
For now let’s see, what we have new:
- New scanning interface with new scan modes, such as:
- Memory Scan – the fastest one, scanning only files in memory, which means that if the virus is currently active it will be located and eliminated as fast as possible;
- Smart Scan – a type of scan pointed at effectiveness and checking the most vulnerable parts of your system using System Heuristic methods;
- Full Scan – the most complete scan of your system also using System Heuristic methods;
- Custom Scan – a scan that allows you to choose parts of the system that need to be scanned. The System Heuristic methods are enabled automatically when you choose “most likely to infect” option.
- We made a huge update on virus and malware database, so from now on we can detect nearly all possible threats.
- More frequent database updates: few times per day, instead of a daily update in the previous version.
- The ability to fix infected files instead of deleting them.
- Bootsector scan added.
- The ability to choose drive, external drive or folder for scanning in the Custom Scan mode.
- The update can now resume download if it was terminated for some reason.
- A scan log with all the scan results is now available after the scanning is finished.
- New commandline options for the scan:
- silent – scanning without notifying the user;
- force-close – close the software after the scan;
- scan-log – save scan results into another file.
We have finished our productive discussion with MysteryFCM (the owner of the hosts-file.net website). He has arrived at a conclusion that our exterminate-it.com and curiolab.net websites cannot cause any harm to the visitors. So, now both websites removed from the hosts-file.net database.
We want to express our sincere gratitude to MysteryFCM for the cooperation and recommendations. His valuable suggestions helped to improve Exterminate It! software and make it even better.
exterminate-it.com and curiolab.net sites were removed from http://hosts-file.net/
The VeriSign Trust Seal
You may notice the VeriSign Trust Seal at the top right corner of our website. It means that VeriSign has confirmed our identity and exterminate-it.com site has passed the VeriSign malware scan. The biggest companies in the world secure their Web sites with VeriSign and inspire confidence by showing the VeriSign seal.
The VeriSign Trust Seal confirms that visitors of exterminate-it.com are protected from malware. VeriSign Website Malware Scan procedure is a daily review of our website to reduce the risk of infecting our customers’ computers when they browse exterminate-it.com.
Also, the VeriSign Trust Seal confirms our identity. Authentication is an established and proven process used by VeriSign that shows the world that VeriSign has verified our identity and that CURIOLAB S.M.B.A. is the rightful owner and operator of exterminate-it.com website.
Exterminate It! Code Is Signed
Exterminate It! software is sigend by VeriSign® Code Signing Certificate now.
VeriSign® Code Signing creates a digital “shrink-wrap” for code and content to protect the users when they download the code over the Internet. Digital signature authenticate the source and verify the integrity of content.
VeriSign® Code Signing Certificate protects our users by making Exterminate It! application identifiable and harder to falsify or damage with a time-stamped digital signature certified by the most trusted security brand on the Internet. Also it shows that Exterminate It! software is safe to download.
As you can see, Exterminate It! software development team are making all possible efforts to improve protection of our customers and increase their confidence.